Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Digging Ditch

Today was spent going back and forth to Builders Supply for....supplies.! Dad and Derek, the neighbor boy, dug out the ditch from the new pump house to the up-creek side of dads shop on Sunday. I did some digging on it Monday and located the sewer line and the water line coming from the house. Today, dad and I laid what seemed like nine miles of pipe, for the water, for the motorhome sewer, for the electrical to the new irrigation well, for the irrigation from the well to the Mansion, and two other lines. I know there were six total, but I think I spent too many hours in the sun today and my brain is fried.!

Paul the plumber stopped by this morning and talked to dad about the motorhome sewer pump. We got that ordered, should be here tomorrow. Then him and I went next door and did a walk-thru of the whole house to get an idea of how much it would cost to do a rough-in of all new plumbing. He called me back tonight and came up with a rough estimate of $3,000. Right about what we figured. Now I just have to work and save enough to pay for it.! hahaha.! Until then, we have a ton of other stuff to do, so I'm not stressing.

Blake told me tonight to get my windows ordered for the kitchen. He said we can't replace the rotten sill plate until I decide what size windows we are putting in so we can reframe the wall accordingly. He doesn't want to do the job twice. Soooo, I'll check with Builders Supply first thing next week when I get off work and see what they can do for me and we were also told that Bi-State siding and windows in Lewiston is a great place to get windows. I'd like to keep the business here in town, but we have to do what we have to do to save some money. Right.??

I didn't get any pictures today of the ditches. I'll try and remember them tomorrow and get them posted. I just wanted to keep you in the loop on what we're doing.

Until then..... :o)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you decide about windows & see pictures of your pipe laying. Is there NO END to what you can do? I'm proud of you girl..
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! Its been challenging but fun at the same time! Love to see your comments!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete