Monday, May 28, 2012

Worlds Biggest GOPHER Hole


Sooo I get home from work at the quilt shop one afternoon, and I find the worlds LARGEST gopher had been digging in the lower lot. Hahahaha.!


Here is my dad and his ever faithful companion Muffin. Everywhere he goes....she's close at hand. Anyway, he wanted to dig down and tap into this natural spring. He wanted to use the spring water as irrigation water to avoid the gritty stuff in the creek that kept plugging his sprinklers up.


Here are all the new pipes him and I had just buried a few days ago. When Beau was digging the hole for the concrete form, the bank sluffed away. Oops.!


He hit water, but unfortunately Beau dug the hole too wide and not deep enough.


So in the end, he buried a 50 gallon pickle barrel with a pipe stuck out the top. I'm really bummed for him that the well didn't pan out. I know in his mind it was going to work wonders. And I can only imagine how frustrated he must get not being able to jump right up and do things the way he wants them done. We do the best we can for you dad. :) A few posts back I mentioned the amazing help Blake and I have with the mansion. I didn't forget my dad. I just didn't know what to say. He's the most amazing, giving, caring person I know, next to my mom. It's because of him that we are able to work on the mansion. Him and I, we dont always agree or see eye to eye, and I'm sure he gets frustrated when I keep asking questions but he knows I love him and value his opinion above all else. Thank you for making this journey with Blake and I dad.!

2 comments:

  1. That's a sweet post sis. I know you & dad have a unique relationship but you both work hard - you physically & dad mentally. I thank God every day that dad has you there for him because you and Blake give him a life no one else can. Thank you both for your love and patience! Love you all! Great work on the mansion. Can't wait to come stay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet post sis. I know you & dad have a unique relationship but you both work hard - you physically & dad mentally. I thank God every day that dad has you there for him because you and Blake give him a life no one else can. Thank you both for your love and patience! Love you all! Great work on the mansion. Can't wait to come stay! :)

    ReplyDelete