Monday, May 14, 2012

Inside The Pantry

Ya know, it's really unfortunate that this is where our tax dollars go.


Notice the furry little grey things running back and forth.?


This is what the whole pantry looked like. And STINK.!!! OMG, it was beyond horrible. I didn't think we'd ever get that mouse / rotten food / garbage smell out of there. Pretty soon mom and I got the giggles because the mice were literally jumping off the shelves hitting us.


Pantry is half done.! We took many many large garbage bags of YUCK out of here.


I felt horrible to have to dispose of all this canned food, but no matter how much I would have tried to clean it, there is just no way I could have eaten it or donated it to the local food bank after all the mouse droppings and filth had been all over it. I threw at least 25 jars of peanut butter and 20 boxes of cereal away. I feel bad even admitting this, but I just couldn't let someone else eat it, knowing where it had been. There were bags and bags of freeze dried food from the Idaho Food Bank. There were cases and cases of home canned items that god only knows how long they'd been there. Anyway, it's all gone now.

My next set of pictures you're going to see are of the rooms being gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment